Today we’d like to introduce you to Simona Solomon.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Simona. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
I was born and raised in Milan, Italy. I have always been fascinated with cinematography, and especially, the behind the scenes aspects of film making. Following my aspirations, I studied Video Making, Photography and Video Editing at Accademia dello Spettacolo (Milan) as well as Technical History of Cinematography at the ESF (Milan).
In the years following my studies, I collaborated with important cine-television production studios as production secretary, cameraman, and video editor, acquiring an in-depth, global knowledge of the industry along the way. After several years of hands-on experience, I became interested in film direction.
In 2006, I inaugurated Bean Production, a video production company dedicated to various independent and auto-produced projects. I directed campaigns for non-profit research groups, live music performances, promotional company profile videos, and documentaries.
My first documentary, Mark Anderson Design, an Alternative Production, was chosen for the final selection for the Libero Bizzarri Award 2007 in San Benedetto del Tronto, Italy.
In 2011, I moved to United States to Savannah, Georgia GA with my husband Peter and our 5-month old son Lucas. We moved to Fort Lauderdale, FL in 2012, where I currently reside and practice. In 2014, we had our second boy, Diego. When I became a mom and became engulfed in taking pictures of my kids, I re-discovered my base love of photography, and I decided to restart my business in South Florida as soon as my kids were both in school.
Has it been a smooth road?
It wasn’t easy, the obstacles were mostly psychological because I moved to another country leaving all my job connections behind and becoming a mom has completely transformed me.
But, I always knew that I wanted to do something more besides being a mom of two wonderful boys!
The main problem is that we live far away from all the family so I don’t have any help with my kids.
We’d love to hear more about your business.
Simona Solomon Photography is an artistic full service photo studio. I love shooting people! Families, business portraits, pets, newborns. But also interiors, products, food, just about anything. I am intrigued with the play between light and shadow. I feel my work is a mix of my native Italian classical artistic culture with a modern cinematographic eye to produce elegant and unique shot for my customers. I listen to my customers’ needs, I find the best locations and sets and I create the right atmosphere. I always shoot multiple takes, then we select and retouch images to fulfill their needs.
Is our city a good place to do what you do?
South Florida has so many exciting spectacles of nature and culture that any artist may derive endless inspiration, the beaches, cities, sunsets, trees, parks, murals, multi-ethnic neighborhoods, all come together to create a wonderful base. I look forward to bringing my European sensibilities to the mix and verifying if indeed there is a true request from the market that I am filling. People and businesses always need photos, but wouldn’t they rather a unique piece of artwork than a photo booth generic shot? I do believe that South Florida will be an ideal place for me to grow my business and assume that the cultured, affluent, and those with great taste will seek me out to see what I can do for them!
- Cost per hour $150. Editing/retouching not included.
- Headshot express: pre-shoot consultation, 30 minutes session at studio or location, 1 outfit/look, 1 retouched digital image. $100.00
- Standard Portrait Session: pre-shoot consultation, up to 2 hours session at studio or location, multiple outfits, 1 or 2 studio backgrounds or client location, up to 4 retouched digital images. $250.00
- Corporate Headshots & groups: pre-shoot consultation, session at client location or studio, 1 retouched digital image per person, retouched digital images of group. $150 fixed fee and $75 per person.
- Family Photoshoot: pre-shoot consultation, up to 2 hours session at your location, multiple outfits, 4 retouched digital images. $300.00
- Address: 2028 Harrison Street, Suite 104
Hollywood, FL 33020
- Website: https://www.simonasolomon.com
- Phone: 912.308.8848
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/simonasolomonphotography/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simosolophoto/
© Simona Solomon Photography