Today we’d like to introduce you to Noemi Grupenmager. Noemi and her team share her story with us below.
Please kick things off for us, we’d love to hear the story.
A pioneer in her field, our founder Noemi had a vision that revolutionized the beauty industry, bringing hair removal from afterthought to routine beauty practice. Underwhelmed by her experiences, Noemi made it her mission to create a waxing-only salon for both women and men that was hygienically pristine, completely approachable and a one-of-a-kind business. In 1993, she opened the first-ever unisex waxing Studio in South Beach and within six months the salon was servicing 200 customers a day.
Noemi introduced a new world of waxing possibilities to her customers. Making sure every part of the body was given equal attention, no matter how hidden, she became the first to coin the term “Brazilian Bikini Wax” and offer over 180 different services from brow to toe.
Continually looking to improve her business, Noemi created an all-natural, elastic wax to replace the industry’s standard process of using painful honey- wax and paper strips. To accompany this skin-friendly wax, she designed a precise technique of application and removal to optimize comfort and reduce service time.
Its flexible elasticity adheres directly to the hair, allowing for larger areas of hair to be removed at once, saving valuable time for both the customer and waxer.
The success of her proprietary wax, coupled with a carefully developed franchise business model and a loyal customer base, has given us the opportunity to grow to multiple waxing Studios throughout Florida, New York and New Jersey, with more locations on the way.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
As pioneers of the wax only studio concept we have encountered struggles along the way.
1. Industry didn’t exist – There was nothing like our concept when we created Uni K Wax so it was very difficult to register our business with the State of Florida for example. The category did not exist. They actually had to create a hair removal category for us to license our business.
2. Competition – It’s no secret the European Wax is a main competitor and there are many others that are creeping up around us. Duplication is the best form of flattery but it has forced us to stay ahead of the curve in order to maintain our position of the creators of the waxing only salon industry.
3. Operating to Franchising – Our model was so strong we were able to franchise the system. Consistency in service and products is key. When you franchise and expand the brand quickly you can encounter lack of consistency. It’s the main challenge for any franchise system. We work hard to make sure our customer experience is always consistent studio to studio.
Please tell us about Uni K Wax Studio.
Our franchise system specializes in waxing only service studios. I’m the CEO and Founder of the company and I created the concept of waxing only in a relaxing and hygienic salon like setting 25 years ago. I’m known for creating the Brazilian Bikini Wax.
I’m proud of the dedicated team that work at our corporate offices as well as our Franchisee partners who have stayed true to the mission of the brand. Which is to provide the most hygienic and precise waxing/hair removal services to our customers.
Our key pillars that differentiate us from the competition are very clear and simple:
1. We manufacture our own all natural wax for our studios only
2. We have a wax lab on site where our wax is prepared by a wax lab technician and provided in individualized warmers for our customers
3. Each customer receives their own wax warmer with wax prepared specifically for their booked service
4. Our precision wax technique is taught to each waxer in our KUniversity
- Website: Unikwax.com
- Phone: 305-949-9294
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/unikwaxcenters/
- Twitter: @unikwaxcenters