Today we’d like to introduce you to Marjorie Waldo.
Marjorie, can you briefly walk us through your story – how you started and how you got to where you are today.
I’m a Theatre major undergrad, an educator (English teacher and principal) for 25 years or so and an Educational Consultant. I love the non-profit world and I enjoy challenges. Arts Garage position became available after my departure from education and it was a fit!
Has it been a smooth road?
In life? Obstacles, sure. Became a principal and started my master’s degree when my children were 2 and 6 years old. The more you tell me it will be hard, the more likely I am to try and do it. LOL!
In career? Females in leadership always have to prove to stakeholders their competence in a different way than men do, but I’ve been lucky to find people who saw my skill set and gave me room to grow myself and the organizations.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with Arts Garage – tell our readers more, for example, what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
Arts Garage is a magical space. Our vision to connect our community to the world through the arts is executed with a diverse and robust programming that includes visual arts (our Grassroots Gallery), emerging artists’ programs (in our art gallery and in our alternative programming), arts education programs for children & adults, and our mainstage musical performances which include Grammy award-winning, internationally known artists in nearly every musical genre. We are big believers in collaboration and work closely on projects with our city’s chamber of commerce, CRA, city staff as well as other non-profits.
Let’s touch on your thoughts about our city – what do you like the most and least?
Delray Beach is a diverse town with a passion for art – all art. We are supported by both the city of Delray and the CRA with our location and with financial support – both significant.
- Tickets range in price from $5 for some of our alternative programming to $50 for some of our Grammy Award winning performers.
- Our arts education programs range from $200 to $1000 with full & partial scholarships available for many.
- Address: 94 NE 2nd Ave.
Delray Beach, FL 33444
- Website: www.artsgarage.org
- Phone: 561-450-6357
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/arts_garage_delray/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DelrayArtsGarage/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtsGarageFL
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/arts-garage-delray-beach-2
- Other: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6liiSt5igbxBDJYJwCbKRg
Ian Ibbetson Photography, Vultures Image