Today we’d like to introduce you to Alexandra Olavarria.
Alexandra Olavarría: Venezuelan, International Presenter/TV Host/Brand Ambassador/Model and successful entrepreneur with more than 10 years of career in TV and Entertainment Industry.
Worked for some of the biggest Hispanic channels and companies in TV such as: Univision, Telemundo, Televisa, Fashion TV, Glitz TV, Mega TV, HTV, MTV Tr3s, Venevision International, EMI Televisa Music, DMX Music, HTV, amongst many others.
This versatile presenter and anchorwoman not only has Covered the biggest Red Carpets and been invited as a VIP Guest celebrity for the most important Red-Carpet awards such as: Grammy, Latin Grammy, Latin Billboard, Premios Lo Nuestro, Premios Juventud and others; but also, has conducted interviews with renowned music celebrities such as Enrique Iglesias, Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Pitbull, Juanes, Alejandro Sanz, Alejandro Fernandez, Wisin & Yandel, Chino & Nacho, among others. As a model, she has worked and participated in television commercials, brand’s campaign image, fashion shows for distinguished designers and Top Latin music videos, one of the most important being the worldwide hit “Niña Bonita” of the duo Chino & Nacho which won Latin Grammy Award.
Not only a TV Host, but Alexandra is also one of the top Influencers in the Hispanic Market and Brand Ambassador in Miami, Latin America, and USA. Some of the brands worked with as Image and Influencer are: Neutrogena, Coca Cola, Ford, JC Penney, Target, Sprint, Clarins among others. With more than 700K Followers on all social media platforms, Including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Blog, and Youtube.
Also, as CEO of her company ACOCH Music Production and Entertainment based in Miami; she has offered for the last 7 years services of consulting, marketing, production, and promotion internationally for artists, talents and brands. Working with artists such as Estephy, Chino & Nacho, Los Cadillacs, Gabriel Parisi, Los Aviadores, Marger, amongst many others.
Winner of “Miami Life Awards 2017” as Miami’s Best Influencer in Social Media, winner of “Mara Awards Miami 2017” as Miami’s Best Business Woman, and nominated for Tecla Awards 2017 and Tecla Awards 2018 Finalist as “Best Content Creator”, Alexandra combines her passion for music, hosting, social media and her knowledge of the industry to support talent representing Hispanic community in USA.
Follow Alexa Olavarria:
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
I started working with 18 years old in Entertainment industry, and while I have had great achievements in my life and in this industry, being a young woman in these type of industry is not easy, as people sometimes take advantage of you. I am sure that you can have that in other industries as well.
Also, being a Latin woman, an immigrant in the USA was another challenge. As many of us, I had to start from cero, lonely and without my family in a new country, facing a different language, culture and searching for my legal stability for many years in the USA. It has been a long way of challenges, but also many years of experience, strength and finding my way personally and professionally being always guided by God.
My advice to women on their journey is that you have to be constant, have dedication, be a hardworking person and persevere. Nothing is easy in life, and what easy comes easy goes. So be ready, and keep in mind that For one door to open, you need to knock one hundred doors. So keep on going!
I want to encourage and empower women to believe in their dreams and work hard for them. Never stop dreaming and believing.
Alright – so let’s talk business. Tell us about TV Host / Influencer / Brand Ambassador / Entrepreneur / Acoch Productions – what should we know?
Alexandra Olavarria is a Tv Host/Influencer from Miami with more than 1 Million Followers in all her Social Media Platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, blog, snapchat and Youtube).
She has a segment and travel blog # LasAventurasDeAlexa, as well as a tips and recommendation segment #AlexaRecomienda # LoQueLeGustaAlexa.
Also, you can see her in her beauty and lifestyle segment in the #1 Latin Morning Show in the USA “Un Nuevo Día”, Telemundo NBC Network.
Some of her Career Highlights:
• Worked for some of the biggest Hispanic channels in TV such as: Univision, Telemundo, Televisa, Fashion TV, Glitz TV, Mega TV, HTV (#1 Latin Music Channel), MTV Tr3s and Venevision International.
• Interviewed some of the most renowned artists in Latin Music like: Enrique Iglesias, Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Pitbull, Juanes, Alejandro Sanz, Alejandro Fernandez, Wisin & Yandel, Chino & Nacho, amongst many others.
• Covered the biggest Red Carpets and been invited as a VIP Guest celebrity for the most important Red-Carpet awards: Grammy, Latin Grammy, Latin Billboard, Premios Lo Nuestro, Premios Juventud and others.
• Been main actress and model of different music videos, one of the most important being the worldwide hit “Nina Bonita” of Chino & Nacho which won Latin Grammy Award.
• Not only a TV Host, but also a strong Influencer in Hispanic Market and Brand Ambassador in Miami, Latin America and USA. Some of the brands worked with as Image and Influencer are: Neutrogena, Coca Cola, Ford, JC Penney, Target, Sprint, Clarins among others.
• With more than 700K Followers on all social media platforms, Including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat.
• Winner of “Miami Life Awards 2017” as Miami’s Best Influencer in Social Media and nominated for Tecla Awards 2017 and Mara de Oro International 2017.
• “Best Content Creator of The Year 2018” Finalist for Tecla Awards in Miami.
• Special appearance as an actress in the Movie Harmony which characterizes a bilingual journalist.
• Model for fashion shows for international Designers as Nuvia Quintero, Scutaro, Nicolas Felizola, Rosita Hurtado, and Leonardo Rocco.
• Magazine Cover for the magazines “Linea Vital”, “Conexiones”, “Conexiones Internacional”, “Gente Latina”, “HOLA Vzla” and more
• Special Participation in Pageants:
1. Finalist of “Nuestra Belleza Latina 2011” by Univision
2. Finalist of “Nuestra Belleza Venezolana 2006”
3. 4th Finalist in Miss Venezuela USA 2004
4. State finalist of Florida National American Miss 2003
5. Florida Spirit of America 2004
6. Best Portfolio Award
• CEO of ACOCH Music Production and Entertainment in Miami, consulting and providing marketing, production and promotion services internationally to artists, talents, and brands.
We’re interested to hear your thoughts on female leadership – in particular, what do you feel are the biggest barriers or obstacles?
Latin Entertainment Industry has been dominated by men, but with a technology we have now many channels to create content, have exposure and reach great audiences outside of the traditional platforms.
Also, nowadays being a leader is a true challenge that you need to work for as there is a lot of competition in the market. Many women have been empowered and are already leaders in the industry, so you have to be competitive: You need to be prepared, and always be there.
- Website: www.alexandraolavarria.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alexaolavarria/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alexaolavarria1/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/alexaolavarria
Jesus Adrianza @Adrianzapictures