Today we’d like to introduce you to Taylor Mason.
Taylor, let’s start with your story. We’d love to hear how you got started and how the journey has been so far.
In 2018 when I graduated with my MBA I wanted to put my degree to work. I started to think of ways to help others within a market that wasn’t already saturated. A lot of the work I was doing prior to the creation of my LLC was with my mom’s business Nellies Catering. From that point on, I realized I loved being able to help small business to grow and that’s when I had the idea to turn it into a business. Edify was established September 7, 2019 with the goal of helping high school students with there transition from HS to there next endeavor. From there, Edify has grown to add a number of different specializations that would become beneficial to businesses of different sizes and individuals with a variety of professional development goals. We want to fill a void within the business and educational realm. Edify Consulting’s goal is to provide College and Career Readiness tools and business development services to small- and medium-sized companies. This includes business growth and development, professional development and financial literacy instruction geared towards all. The specializations are designed to be used to increase a business’s efficiency and effectiveness of different processes and functionalities. The benefit of Edify is the individualized hands-on approach.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
No, it has been nowhere near a smooth road. For a long time, I struggled with the idea of how to even create a worthy business that someone would want to spend money on. Once I discovered my niche I just dove right in and claimed it. I started off small because I knew in my mind that the business needed funds in order to increase its brand awareness and target audience. With this in mind, I built my social media platform first. I started my @edifyme Instagram September 11, 2019 with only five followers. By January 11, 2020 I had 300 followers, by March 12, 2020 I had 500+ and now today June 1st, I have 660 followers. Now that might not seem like much for larger corporations but for me it shows a lot of growth and perseverance. Many businesses struggle with finding their identity and there is nothing wrong with that because you can’t be an expert at everything. But once you find that specialization that you are good at, that is when the capitalization begins. Know your worth and stand by it.
Please tell us about Edify Consulting LLC.
We are a Professional Development and Business Improvement company that assists with businesses growth from every aspect. Whether that is through marketing, social media management, contract creations, business plans/proposals, budgeting, resumes, cover letters and much more. My focus is on building financial stability for all. We also have newly added workshops to include resumes, interview prep, budgeting, financial literacy and leadership as well. What sets us apart is our dedication and personal touch. I always believe in treating others how I want to be treated from the consultation all the way to providing the actual service. I put myself in my client’s shoes meaning if I was them how would I want to be supported. We are one of few companies that provide free 30 minute consultation for all our services, maintain contact after service to ensure implementation success and building a lasting working relationship. For all of our clients served we build a working excel document that includes there business information and specializations so that their business can be recommended to others.
If you had to go back in time and start over, would you have done anything differently?
To be honest, I wouldn’t have done anything differently. The start of my business has been amazing and successful. My business launch was a night I will never forget. I had all my closest family and friends around to help to make the launch very special. I can’t wait to see where it goes next.
- On Boarding Paperwork Package: $350 Package Fee Basic information form (First name, last name, address, phone number, email, etc.) Licenses/Certifications – I-9 and W-2 forms Non-Disclosure Agreement (Contracts) Non-Sexual Harassment Agreement (Contracts) Direct Deposit form New Hire Job Acceptance Letter: Offer Letter reiterating the position details, start date, report location and expectations
- Social Media Management: $175 a month/6 months for $1,050/ 12 months $2,100 Description: This package includes the management of a business social media account (Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram).
- Contract Construction Please allow 4-7 business days $225 Description: This includes the creation of a contract specifically for your business or intended party.
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing: Preexisting Resume-$80 Resume from scratch – $150 Cover Letter-$45
- Business Plans & Proposals: 30 min consultation free/ Creation $30 per page
- Strategic Business Planning: 30 min consultation free/Creation $250-$575 (depending on analysis)
- Website: Edify-me.com
- Phone: (706)627-5819
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: Edifyme
- Facebook: Edifyme
Jonelle Mason, Justina Mason