Today we’d like to introduce you to Eric and Patsy Richards.
Eric and Patsy, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
We were at a crossroads where we believe church should be a place where people can be real with one another about their life. So many people would go to church and leave the same way they came because the church was not talking about things they were going through in their personal life. People felt they could not relate to what was going on at church and that the people attending were not really about what they were going through.
Through prayer and fasting, the name Real Life Church came to us and SFL was for South Florida.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
It has not been a smooth road because of all the negative thoughts about church and/or Christianity. People often relate the church to money-grabbing preachers and places that only want your money. Sometimes Christianity is known by people to be non-loving and judgmental people.
So, in planting and to continue to minister to people about the love of Jesus is difficult because people have these walls up to about the aforementioned things.
Please tell us about your organization.
We are a church for REAL people with REAL issues, pointing to a REAL GOD for answers.
1. We exist to be a loving (Love God, Love People, Love ourselves), comfortable (dress code, relaxing atmosphere), Non-judgmental (all are welcome) church where non-believers and believers can come together, worship and look to a REAL GOD (Holy) for answers
2. We exist for the purpose where children and youth can come and experience a REAL GOD in a fun and engaging way.
3. We exist to teach the Bible simplistically, creating a (hunger, desire, thirst) for the Word of a REAL GOD.
4. We exist to make disciples and have those disciples make disciples, adding to the kingdom of a REAL GOD
We have partnered in education with bag pack giveaways, teacher/non-instructional teacher of the month, landscaping and painting of an elementary school, breakfast sponsorship of teachers among other things.
We also have given gas away and also paid for laundry services at laundromats throughout the year.
All community/education partnerships are completed through our Love Our City campaigns.
If you had to go back in time and start over, would you have done anything differently?
If we had to start over, we probably would have done this earlier in our lives.
- Address: Real Life Church SFL
2001 NW 70th Ave
Sunrise, FL 33313
Service at 10:45 a.m.
- Website: www.reallifesfl.church
- Phone: 754-333-1162
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reallifesfl/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RealLifeSFL/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/reallifesfl
- Other: youtube.com/c/RealLifeChurchSFL