Today we’d like to introduce you to Dr Kyle Krupa.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Dr Krupa. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
I grew up in PA and throughout school, I played football, I would say that’s when my passion for fitness began. I attended Moravian College focusing on a double major in Business Management and Psychology and took a 5th year to earn a major in Biology. In 2011, I moved to Miami to complete a Doctorate in Physical Therapy at University of Miami. During this time, I became a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and was personal training clients every chance I could, before/after class and on the weekends. My most significant internship was at CrossFit Soul, where I made many connections with CrossFit and Olympic weightlifters athletes. After graduating in 2014, I worked a year in a private outpatient orthopedic where I gained a lot of experience working with US Olympic Sailing, NFL and MLB athletes, and that’s also where I met my business partner Dr Sharif Tabbah. We created Athletix Rehab and Recovery at a booth in a sushi restaurant in Brickell, back in 2015 and officially opened our doors to clients in 2016, at our first clinic, located in Coral Gables.
One of my passions is teaching and I currently lecture at FitOps Foundation, a non-profit organization that trains and certifies active military and veterans interested in the fitness industry.
Has it been a smooth road?
Starting out any business at first is tough, you have to be ready to learn as you go and not let that overwhelm you. Physical Therapy school does an excellent job preparing you to be a clinician, but when it comes to running a business, we found that we had to rely on our own efforts to further our education and preparation for the challenges ahead. Sharif and I are both constantly reading books and listening to podcasts on things like marketing, leadership, systems development, management and so much more as a means of self-educating. As an entrepreneur, you must have an endless desire to learn and develop yourself in order to succeed in business.
So let’s switch gears a bit and go into the Athletix Rehab and Recovery story. Tell us more about the business.
Athletix Rehab and Recovery are boutique Physical Therapy clinics that focus on an athletic clientele, both professional and weekend-warrior athletes. The doctors at our clinics have extensive experience treating professional athletes from various professional disciplines; NFL, NBA, MLB, USA Olympics, FIFA and more. We focus on functional rehabilitation with an emphasis on manual therapy, corrective exercise, performance-based sport-specific exercise and postural re-alignment, in order to expedite clients’ return to play. We provide a unique and individually tailored rehabilitation protocol for every client in order to optimally return our athletes to their sport.
Due to mixing in strength and conditioning principles with the rehabilitation process, we are known for keeping athletes engaged and challenged while getting them back to play quickly.
In addition to physical therapy, we offer the following services:
– Exercise recovery services, which are designed to expedite healing from the trauma your body incurs as a direct result of intense training.
– Stretching sessions where we implement many different techniques including active, static, dynamic and PNF (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation).
– Custom orthotics, which can benefit conditions such as plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, knee pain, back pain, to name a few.
– Massage therapy which can be done in a private room in our clinics or in-home. We offer sports massage, relaxation, Swedish, deep tissue, trigger point and more… whatever your preference is, we’ve got you covered! During your session, you can choose to enhance your session with aromatherapy and warming and cooling therapies.
– Anti-Gravity Treadmill -The Alter-G Anti-gravity Treadmill is a revolutionary rehabilitation tool that provides precise unweighting technology. It allows athletes to rehabilitate with a smoother transition into return-to-sport activities. Running at a lighter weight can help restore confidence after injury and allow you to track progress by graded increases in bodyweight percentage and speed.
We are particularly proud of being featured in numerous media outlets. The most recent being NFL Total Access, Good Morning Football, SportsCenter, Wall Street Journal and ESPN.
How do you think the industry will change over the next decade?
As healthcare plans are starting to cover less and less, I imagine you will start to see more out of network and self-pay clinics, as people will be forced to pay out of pocket for the services they need with the clinicians they desire. Fitness has been a growing industry for the last 15+ years, and along with that comes physical therapy to keep those active people healthy.
At Athletix, we aim to help change the industry from payer focused to patient-focused, getting consumers what they need not only what their insurance will pay for.
- Recovery Packages are $25.00
- Anti-Gravity Treadmill $30 for 30 mins
- Stretching Session $59.00
- Massage 1 hour $79.00
- Address: MIAMI: 3183 SW 38th Ct, Miami, FL 33146
DAVIE: 5850 S Pine Island Rd, Davie, FL 33328
- Website: AthletixRehab.com
- Phone: 3055010231
- Email: info@AthletixRehab.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/athletixrehab/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/athletixrehab
- Other: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ttXZRklKykTftcsWwZNsA