How many times have you found yourself wondering what you should do tonight?
Miami is an incredibly city, full of world-class nightlife options, yet we’ve all struggled to figure out what to do on a given night. Whenever you feel stick, give this list a one through and you’re sure to end up with at least a few viable candidates for any night out.
Melding the allure of the historical Fontainebleau and contemporary entertainment, LIV has redefined nightlife on Miami Beach. This is what the world thinks of when they think of South Beach.
2. Area 31 (at the Epic Hotel)
- Stunning views of Brickell
- The food is good and the drinks are strong
3. Mokai Lounge
- Mokai Mondays are always a blast
- Our only gripe is that the wait can be long; bouncers unpredictable
4. The Bar at Level 25 (at the Conrad Hotel)
With sweeping views of the skyline and Biscayne Bay, Level 25 is the setting for Miami’s only 25th floor restaurant and lounge. Experience globally inspired cuisine at Atrio Restaurant or gather with friends over artisan cocktails and vintage wines at The Bar.
5. Fontainebleau Miami Beach (Bleau Bar)
- Tons of beautiful people, great ambiance, friendly bartenders
- Always a great time, whether pre-partying before Liv or spending night at the Bleau Bar
- Created by MMG, the company behind Miami’s LIV Nightclub
- 27,000 sq feet, 60 VIP tables, 5 full-service bars
- Extravagant, little bit of a circus-inspired flair and beautiful people
7. Living Room at W South Beach
Not your average lobby. See and be seen, flirt, sip, and savor in this modern playground that is the epitome of South Beach style. Toast with gorgeous cocktails in the velvety setting, or mingle on the terrace, a prime people-watching spot.
Bardot is the next generation bar experience. Inspired by the revolution in nightclubs between the 1920s (Berlin Cabarets) and the 1960s (London Rock Bars), equipped with state-of-the-art video and sound systems, Bardot is a meeting place where service is paramount and privacy guaranteed
9. Doheny Room at Delano
Tucked away behind closed doors in the back of Delano’s expansive lobby, Doheny Room offers a refined, yet stylish atmosphere, catering to those looking for an experience that’s a bit more cultured. Sceney yet discreet, and in contrast to many Miami hotspots, Doheny Room at Delano offers classic & indie rock, 80’s jams and golden era hip-hop rather than mainstream top-40.
10. Wall Lounge
11. The Broken Shaker
On of our favorite places to drink – it’s beautiful, romantic, and always has a lovely, laid-back crowd. The Broken Shaker’s handcrafted cocktails are incredible – composed of elixirs, syrups and infusions made from garden herbs and spice, and fresh-pressed produce and exotic ingredients from around the world.
Not a nightlife spot BUT a great place for a boozy brunch. One of favorites after a night out on the town so we couldn’t talk about E11even and Liv and not bring up brunch at Juvia! 😉
13. Purdy Lounge
This is where you go when you don’t want to deal with all the obnixousness that can sometimes define South Beach. Laid back, no drama, no cover, chill crowd and a relaxed, casual dress code make this an idea spot for a fun night out.
14. Hyde Beach
Address: SLS Hotel S Beach, 1701 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Phone: (305) 455-2990
Yelp: (3 stars 60+ reviews)
Hyde Beach offers artful mixology and cuisine from Jose Andrés — all in an over 8,000 square-foot indoor/outdoor space with a gorgeous pool and beach access.
- Beautiful people, great cocktails and excellent food
15. E11EVEN MIAMI
At night, the curtain at the end of the dayclub comes up and E11EVEN becomes a full-on Miami nightclub, complete with mostly-clothed dancers on trapezes, burlesque performances, big-name DJs, LED screens, and a stage with a pole that lowers into the ground, in case you feel like joining the dance party.
- Not for the faint of heart…but a blast if you go in with an open mind
16. Rec Room
- One of our FAVORITE spots to party as a small group
- The crowd is friendly, never feels awkward to dance, the drinks are decent
Adding a new layer to Miami Beach nightlife, BASEMENT features a nightclub, bowling alley, and ice-skating rink—all outfitted with a state-of-the-art sound system, as well as dramatic lighting and projection effects created by world-renowned lighting designer Patrick Woodroffe, a concert lighting specialist whose work has graced the stage shows of artists from the Rolling Stones and Michael Jackson to Lady Gaga and Beyoncé.
18. SET Nightclub
Address: 320 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Phone: (786) 735-1900
Yelp: (2 stars 100+ reviews)
- High ceilings, good music and solid drinks